Welcome to Natural Skin Dr.
Dr. Amy Duong, ND is a licensed Naturopathic Doctor with a private practice in Connecticut and sees patients worldwide through online consultations. With an expertise in internal medicine, Dr. Duong specializes in treating inflammatory skin conditions from the inside out. Her holistic approach to healing utilizes traditional and contemporary medical techniques including intestinal microbial support, herbal remedies, acupuncture, mind-body healing, guided cleanses, hydrotherapy, dietary consultation and homeopathy to treat the causes of diverse skin conditions from eczema to acne.
Motivated by her childhood struggles with chronic eczema, Dr. Amy has developed a passion for treating skin afflictions by healing the body and mind. Through her personal experience with eczema and her medical training, she has the knowledge and tools to help you reveal your naturally clear skin. Dr. Amy teaches by the clarity of her own experience, and can guide those who desire relief to take control over their skin condition.
- Eczema, acne, and psoriasis are complex conditions that must be approached from a holistic standpoint - treating the cause of why the body is overburdened and requires cleansing from the inside out.
- In order to treat eczema, acne and other inflammatory skin conditions, it's imperative to address the toxicity in the blood that is revealing itself on your skin as the body's way of ridding these toxins from food allergies, environmental burdens, and yeast, fungus, and unfriendly bacteria in your gut.
of holistic skin care
1. Nutrition - eating the most nutrient dense foods to nourish the body and mind, including juicing, cultured foods, and an anti-inflammatory diet
2. Detoxification and Therapeutic exercise - movement that promotes the detoxification of the lymphatic system and liver congestion
3. Microbial terrain - clearing the overgrowth of yeast, fungus and other pathogenic bacteria and rebuilding the intestinal tract with healthy bacteria
4. Emotional health - becoming clear and complete with past issues, traumas, guilt, shame and cultivating a positive, kind, and generous attitude towards life
5. Rest and Relaxation - the importance of sleep, meditation, yoga, qi gong, and enjoying your time.